We welcome you to a unique travel experience with FLYME – The premier domestic airline of the Maldives.
Flyme is a privately owned Maldivian Airline operated by Villa Air, which is part of the Villa Group of Companies. Our objective is to provide an exceptional service to all passengers traveling on our airline.
Our passengers can expect a safe, comfortable, quality air-travel experience, with the added benefit of frequency - including night flights – and reliability.
Since air travel is a major means of getting around in the Maldives, you might as well do it in style!
A few of the more notable accomplishments and future expansions include:
- Villa Airport Maamigili opened to flights in 2011 as the first privately built airport in the Maldives and is the maintenance base for Flyme.
- Flyme started operations on 1 October 2011 with one ATR 42-500, flying between Maamigili and Male' Airports.
- Soon after Flyme expanded to Gan International Airport in Addu City and a second ATR 42 aircraft was added.
- Villa Airport gained international status in 2012.
- Early in 2013 Flyme started its operation to Dharavandhoo Airport in Baa Atoll.
- In July 2013 the first ATR 72-600 was added to the fleet and in November of the same year another ATR 72-600 joined the fleet.
- Since November 2013 Flyme has been serving 9 airports in the Maldives.
- By the beginning of 2014 Flyme had strengthened its service to 20+ resorts in South Ari Atoll and Baa Atoll with charter flight to various other Atolls.
- April 2014 saw the arrival of the 'Flying Whale Shark' SEEPLANE, signalling the start of the Flyme seaplane operations using a Cessna Caravan amphibious aircraft.
- By the end of 2014 frequencies had been increased and a number of resorts added to the client list.
- During November 2014 the 1st ATR 72-500 arrived and the second one followed in February 2015.
Flyme offers a unique solution to transport logistics and travel in the Maldives with resort transfers and a SeePlane experience combined in an unbeatable package.